Hercules Tower

Hercules Tower

Declared a Place of Cultural Interest in 1931, the Torre de Hércules has been included since 2009 on the World Heritage List, as it is the only roman lighthouse still in use for maritime signage, a valuable proof of the navigational systems of the Ancient Times, and evidence of the continuity of the Atlantic maritime route over several eras.
Under the name of Farum Brigantium, it is estimated that the primitive construction took place in the first century, and even if this monumental lighthouse, with a height of 55 meters, has suffered several renovations and functional adaptations during its time, including a restoration in the eighteenth century that gave it its current image, in the inside the original roman structure has been preserved, even if it can't be seen from the outside.

Access

Urban area