In this megalithic monument there are two overlapping tumulus: a recent mound of 24 meters in diameter and 1.8 meters in height that has a long polygonal chamber of seven orthostats, open to the exterior through a three stretches corridor, facing east, highly differentiated in both plant and elevation. This corridor, which was covered by a slate as a door, continues to the outside through a corridor.
Both the camera and the corridor, present important remains of art, whether recorded or painted. It is an old tumulus of 10.5 meters in diameter and 1 meter in height, with an internal structure formed by a chamber of nine orthostats open to the east, which was entered via a well-like passageways.
This megalithic monument was acquired by the Deputación of A Coruña in public document on Sept. 11th, 1975
PDF Catalogue (11 MB) : "El dolmen de dombate: Arqueología, Arquitectura y Conservación"
Calendar and visiting hours
Summer free visits: from June 1st to September 30th, every day of the week during the summer from 09:00 to 21:00.
Summer guided tours: from June 1st to September 30th. From Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Guided tours every 30 minutes: starting the first at 10:00 and the last at 19:30.
Night guided tours:
- In the month of July, on Fridays 10th and 24th at 11 p.m.
- In the month of August, on Fridays 7th and 21st at 11:00 p.m.
With the collaboration of the Cabana de Bergantiños City Council.
- Attention to the public / guide: 672 435 736
- Dolmen de Dombate Archaeological Center: 618 575 481
- Cabana de Bergantiños Town Hall (morning hours): 981 75 40 20
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE CORONAVIRUS:
- The entrance to the places must be done with a mask that each person must wear, except for children under 6 years.
- Distance rules are compulsory and the maximum capacity indicated for each venue must be respected.
- There is hydroalcoholic gel at your disposal.
The visitor assistance services offered by the A Coruña Provincial Council are free.
Additional Information: Heritage and Contracting Service. Phone: +34 981 080 314 / +34 981 080 300.