This castle, located in the parish of San Fiz in Brión Town Hall, was built in the 9th century over a Celtic castro. It was demolished in the 14th century by the Irmandiños and rebuilt in 1741.
It had six towers and a wall surrounding a sumptuous pazo, with the chapel of the Reis Magos, where their lords were buried in magnificent pantheons. From the seventeenth century, the counts ceased to inhabit the castle.
At the end of the 19th century it was used as 'quarry' by several builders.
At present only a very crumbling structure consisting of a turret (tower of the homage) with a barrel vault is conserved; the wall of a cross in which is conserved a gothic doorway with an ogival window, the well of the castle, as well as the base of the fortification of an own stonework of 15th century.
Telephone of attention to visitors: 981 080 300 / 981 080 366